Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #1
UZK90

K&N filters: wierd things happening

Well it's been about a week since I bought the K&N panel filter for my '90 astina SP. Just replaced the stock one with this one, and it was great! Engine seemed a while lot more smoother in accelerating.

All is great until the next day at night while driving that my dash lights are brighter than usual... I mean really bright! I checked the sunroof and it's moving so fast! My power windows have gone on steroids.. and roll up and down faster than usual.

I thoguht this was good for the car, but one week later I just had this funny smell in the car.. bad eggs? It was Hydrogen Sulfide (as I do chemistry at uni) from the sulfuric acid in the car battery. The battery was leaking out this fume and the next day my car never started.

Could this have all happened just because of the humble K&N air filter? The filter has been fitted correctly, without any gaps... in the airbox. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
UZK90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links