Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Interior & Electrics

Old 25-02-2004, 02:19 PM   #41
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
err mike, the 'hub' is what the steering wheel bolts to. it is NOT the centre of the steering wheel!

and exactly what adam said - get it in writing

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2004, 10:20 PM   #42
SehnKhan

Car: .
Contact the DOTARS (Department of Transport and Regional Services) and speak to them about this issue. If there is an ADR that specifies that the wheel itself must have a padded centre then they will be able to help.

They will be able to send something to you in writing (the ADR extract for that particular item) and carry it in your glovebox.

As Jynx said, there's a fine line to go off, and it all comes down to interpretation. Unless you carry something to actually prove your arguement, you will receive these defects and be required to provide sufficient information to clear them. Police are human too and they cannot know everything. It would be nice for them to check first before defecting something like the wheel, but sadly it would take literally months for police to be trained on _every_ defectable item for motor vehicles.

So let's move on shall we . . . if Mike's comfortable with the cover on his wheel then leave it be. If you find however that you don't need a cover, then get the info and enjoy your aftermarketness without gloating about who's right or wrong.
SehnKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2004, 12:24 AM   #43
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
well said
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote