Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #21
OZY-323
AstinaGT Regular

Car: mazda Astina 323 '95'
Send a message via MSN to OZY-323
heres a funny story from my brother,
one day he was driving down wiloson rd in hoxton park in his toyota levin(blacktop 20v for those who dont know?) and it was full of pot holes so he was turning left to right to avoiid the pot holes DUH! any way the cops switch on the lights pull him over, ask him what he was doing he told them what he was doin, they giggled and gave him an RBT thinkin he was on the P%ss, when zero came up they looked in shock, my brother laughed and the female cop turned around and said "you think its funny, with your fully sick car" brother turned and said "no", they then turned as they got a more important call on the radio, and walked away and did a burn out on the road in a suburban street...so yeah quite funny.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #22
chris-cool

Car: TX3 soon to be Astina
Another time I got pulled over by the police was on a Saturday afternoon, I had just finished work 4am to 5pm - I work about 1km away from the Brisbane Air Port.

Anyways. . So I pull out of my works drive way and get pulled over by the Australian Air Force Police ( or whatever they are? )

They guy walks up to me and says "Did you just finish worK?" TO which I said "Well, Yes I did. . You just saw me drive out" he stated that it was a random breath test, so we went through all that and it was clear.

Then he decides to look over my car, in the enigne etc. . After about 15 minutes I said "Can I go yet?" and he said he had to make sure it was registered. . So after going through everything again in my previous post I was free to go after about 25minutes.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #23
newman
Banned

Car: KF Laser fwd BPT
i don't know why you guys have so much po-po problems... i've been pulled into RBT stations before, blown a zero then im simply on my way. Never been pulled over for defects, speeding or cops just being 'bored' ever.
newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #24
hks_kansei
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mondeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by newman View Post
i don't know why you guys have so much po-po problems... i've been pulled into RBT stations before, blown a zero then im simply on my way. Never been pulled over for defects, speeding or cops just being 'bored' ever.

I'm the same as you Newman, I've only ever been stopped when I've been stupid.

71.3kw@5341rpm - 394.4nm@3968rpm - Protek Dyno.
2000 Mazda MX5
hks_kansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:27 AM   #25
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by newman View Post
it's funny I drive like total well in QLD you have to show them that if the speed limit is 100km/h oyu do 100km/h not 80km/h in four lanes across.

in every other state I'm a mental case in a rental.
Only in Victoria have I ever been questioned.

It all depends on the situation. Here in Sydney it depends on time of day car situation - who's doing the questioning.

Example - Highway patrol - you know if they think anything is up they will look for it.

Local won't bother unless they are doing nothing.

undercover - depends on what you are doing?

I've had every time of officer and all 3 crime squads investigate me and my cars.

Had sub woofer boxes stripped out in the middle of the street. Engine number run, legality of the car checked at RTA HQ.

Most cases it's nothing, it's just an officer looking out and saying yeah

Newman you car look plain jane and is old as - No officer cares - face facts.

To most officers a BG or a BA even - most lasers etc. It's all ah just another one.

But go drive a brand new car look young add P-plates or look like a middle eastern appearance person in say The Sutherland shire. You might get a different response.

I get it all the time - soon as they seem my name address it's total attitude change.

If I shave - wear a shirt - drive the lexus - they don't ask for licence. hell I got pulled once, I drove into the RBT quickly - nothing said. Did the same thing in the Mazda - Oh it's like - you have commited a crime for doing 60 and when a guy pulls out with a sign they expect you to slow down quickly. I just eased the brakes on total control.
but 20 million questions.

It's gets easier as you get older.

make yourself a target it's an issue. Stock wheels hide 90% of problems. Stock ride hide does the same.

due to wasted court cases you do have to have reccord before they do go hard but it also helps if you have forced the PPG to appologize- things stay on the system but - they know when they are dealing with someone who will give them 3 months paper work and court case.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #26
newman
Banned

Car: KF Laser fwd BPT
i was unaware that a 600x300 fmic and -ve 1.5 camber with bright blue coilovers were plain jane :P anyways, just prooves that you can modify cars and not be hasseled

Rod, you've expressed that you've got a big monitor and thats why you space out your posts so much. However, that doesn't excuse your poor grammar and sentence structure. Half the time i can't work out what you're trying to say. May i suggest that you proof read your posts before you click the sumbit button. It'll save people constantly complaining about your posts. It's not a crime to have more than 1 sentence per paragraph.
newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
i tend to agree. i might also add that most people have big panels etc. for watching movies etc. i cant imagine using one for internet useage and word processing being an enjoyable experience.
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #28
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
i have a 24 inch screen and it doesnt cause too many problems?
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #29
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
24 LCD would be ok but 50" as a PC screen would be torture!

did anyone hear about the guy in vic this week who had his car impounded and when he went to pick it up the next day form wherever they store em he did a huge burnout in the police shed then fish tailed out of the compound?
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #30
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
lol that would be like being given a giant middle finger, until they stopped him. what a genius
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #31
Moons

Car: 1991 Mazda 323 Astina BG
Send a message via MSN to Moons
I live in the middle of the bush, about 100km from the closest police station, but i do a lot of work up in perth which is 800km away. I was sittin in the perth workshop and i get a call, i do the normal, "hello, Westlog, Dave speaking...oh #$%^!" dropped something :P Then i get this " hello, this is (can't remember the officers name) from the Esperance police station. i was just following up on reports that you were hooning around doing burnouts and speeding in the caravan park in Salmon Gums late thursday night."
me "well that can't be me"
police "listen we have a eye witness and we have been given your rego number"
me "well that is really odd, how would someone get my number, my car is in a shed, and has been for quite a while"
police "this is a serious offence. do you have anyone that can justify that you were not hooning around salmon gums?"
me "well actually i've been stuck working in perth for the last 2 months, and my car is in my mechanics shed, it currently has no exhaust, battery, or drivers seat, so unless i flew down fixed my car, hooned around and then flew back it wasn't me."
police "ok well thank you for clearing that up"
that was it, didn't need proof or anything, but i was actually in perth so i'm stumped how someone got my plate number
Old 30-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #32
hks_kansei
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mondeo
that's the problem with the "dob a hoon" laws.

they dont do anything, there is no evidence apart from some person saying "you did X on my street", all you need is to say no, and there... it's just 2 people arguing with no proof either way.

as long as they dont film it....... if they do, you're screwed.

71.3kw@5341rpm - 394.4nm@3968rpm - Protek Dyno.
2000 Mazda MX5
hks_kansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #33
Moons

Another one that cops react oddly
Im a geophysical borehole logger (sounds harder then it is), my work car is a 100 series landcruiser with a trade mate on the back, and part of the job is that the car sits and idles for up to 4 hours at a time, so naturally being diesel it blacks up the back door with the exhaust smoke. 1 part of my jobs is using density and neutron probes, so i have to carry radioactive sources in the back and have the stickers all over the car.
So im driving back from the bush and just get onto tonkin highway in Perth, and i see the flashing so i pull over. Cops come out and i say, "i can't of been speeding, this thing drives like a truck" then they say they are gonna defect me to go over the pits to have an emitions test. So i have to go thru and explain that its the car idleing and explain my job, finally they say its ok and then they say there is another problem, "do you know it is an offence to display radiation sticks unless you are carring radioactive material"
then i had to say "well no that is wrong because im an RSO (radiation safety officer) and i've never heard anything about that, and secondly (i open the back) there are my 2 radioactive sources, a 7.4GBq Cs source and a 34GBq AmBr neutron source" I have never seen 2 cops cover there nads and walk back to there car so quickly hahaha
Old 30-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #34
Moons

But i wasn't hoonin at the caravan park...It's the old abandoned quarry that has a lil race track built on it, perfect for practicing :P and every1 comes to the quarry to race around it, doesn't hurt any1. I would never hoon around on the street and always stay 5 below the speed limit
Old 30-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #35
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Its new years eve and im delivering pizzas in in a bright pink car with Eagle Boys stamped all over it.

Im driving along Brisbane Road to deliver pizzas to some unit complex (Zanzibar IIRC) and the cops pull me over for a RBT. I get asked if this my car at which point i felt like saying sure cause what we all want for our first car is a bright pink car with eagle boys all over it. (I had pizza bags stacked to the head rest high). In the end i said no office, he asks what im doing driving at this hour (9PM) im delivery pizza *points to bags* hes like ohh. So been drinking tonight at all? me: i dont drink ever, gives me RBT. Then on the way out another cop stops me and we go through the whole thing again.

20 mins later im driving past deliverying another load of pizzas and the same cop pulls me over and asks the same questions.

Thats my most interesting slash frustrating incident. My other two run ins (RBT setup things, like Brunswick Street on the way outta the Valley) have all be top people and nice.
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #36
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
i always deserve getting pulled over, but here's a lucky tale. before the astina i had an ED XR6 falcon. it was bloody awesome and thanks to the manual trans and illegal exhaust it would crackle and bang on the run down like a v8 supercar. so i've just picked up 2 mates and about 200m from his house is a train station, which means those big wooden wall things alongside a long strech of road. i go smashing along the road up to about 80-90 in a 50 zone with my zorst reverberating off this huge wall and making an insane racket.

i'll digress here to say we tested the noise with a professional meter and by police standards and it got 124db. so take that number in and most should know even a toddler would say its illegal.

anyway, smashing along, get up to about 80-90 then back off and brake for a give way. just as i'm about to go i hear the sirens and see cops 50m back. they jam up my ass until i pull over just down the road and its a young guy and even younger girl. both seemed like rookies.

the girl starts asking me what speed i was doing to which i reply "i prefer to watch the road ma'am". she keeps pushing me trying to get me to admit fault, but gives up after the 3rd or 4th time i explain that watching the gauges doesn't mean **** if i nail someone in the subrubs. meanwhile the young bloke is going all round the car, checking everything he can.

after 20 minutes they let me go with a warning. they could have done me for the following bloody obvious defects. too low, wheels too big [15" -> 18" is illegal], small steering wheel, gauges in head crash area, and oh yeh THE JET ENGINE VOLUME EXHAUST SYSTEM! thank christ they were noobs.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #37
mussing

Car: 1990 323 Astina BG SP
Ha!

I've been through a few RBTs with no dramas, no real issues with the cops so far. The funniest was when I got breath tested during my Ps test! The cops pissed themselves laughing, and I remember one of them saying "I knew we'd get one some day!" I even had to get my license back from the learning instructor so I could hand it to them.
mussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 02:46 AM   #38
SuperMazdaKart

Car: Familia GTR!
Not long after getting my GTR I was driving around on a weekend, waiting at the redlights on some main rd going onto a sidestreet. While waiting a cop on a motorcycle went past going the opposite direction, I thought nothing of it.

So turn onto sidestreet & driving along, not particularly fast but the atmo BOV did make some sound. Very soon after I had to turn into a driveway & as I slowed down I looked into the rear view mirror & the motorcycle cop that I saw earlier was right behind me! he just continued on as I pulled in. He musta did a u-turn just to follow me.

Luckily for me the driveway I was going into was my local mechanic workshop & ironically the reason I was there was to get a plumbback BOV put in

If I had kept on driving I would of been pulled over & defected for sure.

On a seperate occasion on the same two lane main rd, when going over the overpass hill there was a RBT station setup right after taking up one lane so everyone had to go into the one only free lane & they were picking which cars to go into the RBT lane which looked to be every car that was going past. The station couldn't be seen before the overpass either, only right after going over the top & then down it..

So as I was going down there was a Subaru Forester on the side of the overpass waiting to merge onto the main rd, so as I had already slowed down a lot I waved him to merge in front me. Well the guy got pulled over into the station & I thought "oh here we go, the GTR is gonna get a checking over for sure" & I had my indicator on ready to go into the station but the Subaru was the car that filled up the station completely so no more cars could go in & one of the cops waved me to keep going past so I did

So glad I decided not to put the Holden Calibra 4WD Turbo in it's place that was behind me..

Last edited by SuperMazdaKart; 25-11-2008 at 03:01 AM.
SuperMazdaKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #39
DVS
AstinaGT Regular

Car: BJII sp20
mate rang me this morning to tell me some goon who flew past him at an intersection in a silvia last night tried to drift through a t section after that hit the kerb got airborne over and down an embankment ripped the metal handrail off the stairs and ploughed through a church wall down the road from a cop shop lol
Old 25-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #40
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 Mazda 6 Luxury Sport Hatch
Send a message via MSN to sandman_kar
my folks had a visit from the cops at 1am this mrning. Apparently sumone had done a runner with petrol in a car with the registration plate of my old car. Dad explained to them that we had handed in the plates to vicroads months ago. Was weird as cos they said it was a dark coloured mazda and all. looks like sumones stolen my cars former identity lol
sandman_kar is offline   Reply With Quote