Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
bluetvrs1

Car: Jeep, Kawasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau9 View Post
I hope you can fix your car

Did you check error codes on the ECU? Me I found an error code from the engine water temperature sensor. Tomorrow I'll replace the ECU thermistor.

PS: Also my car spark plug wires are in a bad condition, the insulator is bad... I'm still waiting for my new plug wires.
Thanks Tau9.

My problem turned out to be the plugs AND leads....see my thread for more detail. BTW I had no ECU error codes.
The depth and breadth of knowledge on this forum is outstanding and the contributors extremely helpful. I'm sure you'll get your problem sorted
bluetvrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau9 View Post
PS: Also my car spark plug wires are in a bad condition, the insulator is bad... I'm still waiting for my new plug wires.
this will be one of you issues. the missing while accellerating while hot issue.

but the dissy cap also needs replacing. when the contact are that worn and the cap is full of metal shavings. its time to replace.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #23
tau9

Car: mazda 323f gt 1.8i dohc BP
I have some news. Finally the sensor, the oil, the oil filter and the petrol filter have been replaced.

The car feels better now, i didn't had much time to test it but I'll do it soon.

The petrol filter was very old and dirty, probably clogged. The gasoline dropt from the pump hose side of the filter was brown! really dirty!

I'm still waiting for the shipping of the spark plugs, spark wires and the distributor cap and rotor. I hope to get the car repaired with this, the car had a poor manteinance and as I replace stuff the car feels better... :/

EDIT: I've been driving one and half hour on the city with a lot of trafic and had no issues. The car feels better, I also have done some hard accelerations to the red line and nothing strange, the car pushes without issues to the red line.

EDIT2: Two hours driving on the freeway and on a mountain pass and 0 problems. I've been driving hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetvrs1 View Post
Thanks Tau9.

My problem turned out to be the plugs AND leads....see my thread for more detail. BTW I had no ECU error codes.
The depth and breadth of knowledge on this forum is outstanding and the contributors extremely helpful. I'm sure you'll get your problem sorted
Congrats for repairing your car!

It's a relief to see that a cheap repair gets your car working!

Last edited by tau9; 07-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.
tau9 is offline   Reply With Quote