Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 19-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #21
karamello

Car: Mazda 323 Astina BG
Send a message via MSN to karamello
mate i love pioneer and i just got a mid-range one that only set me back 175 from jb hifi...the model number is in my readers ride

it was actually the very first thing i bought for my car (the next day i think). does wat i need it to do (mp3 cds, aux, n the normal other things)

i think ill be looking at upgrading in the future but not too soon as im happy with it..

but i dont know what you mean with the aux cable?? i had my nano running through the aux socket without a problem...could be the quality of the cable
make sure its not thin like string..thats when i know its crap quality. got mine off ebay from london and it is really good with gold plated ends yada yada

anyway, u cant go wrong with pioneer its my first, second and third choice
karamello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #22
zappy65

Car: Old: 1989 DOHC Mazda 323 New: Nissan 180SX Type X
Send a message via MSN to zappy65
Na man i simply dont use it, id rather use MP3 if it means utilising my surround sound set up...there is nothing worse then spending $1500 on audio gear to have it sound stupid because of AAC quality ipod files and a dud cable....i just dont bother any more...when i talk about the AUX cable i mean the cable that plugs straight into the front of my HU...the pioneer ones usually plug into the back and have a box that you just hide in the glovebox...along with the ipod...my ipod has since blown its drive and i dont fell like spending $400 on a new one when i can get 4 shocks for that much.....

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbpic...?do=view&g=319
Come see my deviantness....hehe
http://dawnblade.deviantart.com/
zappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
dmaccaster

Car: barina (kill me) atm but hopefully getting a BG SP soon
lol ive got my itunes set up so it converts straight to mp3 instead of aac, can the DEH-6950 support a stacker, id love to have more than one cd
dmaccaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #24
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
These days I reckon MP3 DVD or USB ports and SD card slots are the way to go. These are very fast ways to move music onto a portable device. Well, not the DVD so much these days...

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #25
douwboy

Car: 1992 mazda astina sp
i bought a alpine deck off ebay for $126 to my door sound quality is incredible and all the new alpine units are ipod ready.Since alpine dont build anything else but car audio equipment you know they are good.And the face tilts to different angles so its easier to use.The one i bought does require another box that you plug your ipod into before it goes into your head unit but im planning on buying an 80GB ipod classic so all i have to do is just keep adding music.
douwboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #26
dmaccaster

Car: barina (kill me) atm but hopefully getting a BG SP soon
ok ive found the HU i want, is an Pioneer DEH-8950 and im in love with it. its rrp is $796 and comes standard with bluetooth and ipod cable, also found sub, amp, splits and the whole shammozle at JB, looking forward to buying it ALL
dmaccaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #27
zero_cool

Car: KH Turbo Laser
Just so your aware, the stock HU in the BG is 1 1/2 din so a standard 1 din unit won't fit unless you get a little plate to block off the gap

I fixed this by getting a stereo adaptor kit from ryda
I can't remember how much it cost me but it was universal and fit straight in,
it gave me the single din spot for the cd player and also had the little coin thing / whatever below
zero_cool is offline   Reply With Quote