Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 28-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
WHITE RKT SP20

Car: SP20
Mazda 3 mps motor in sp20

Hey ppl just wondering is it possible to fit a Mazda 3 mps motor and box in a bj sp20 and if possible what need to be done.
WHITE RKT SP20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 28-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
maztech

Car: ......
No --- way to much to modify and wire , MPS motor run a CAN system so to make it operate you need some components to be fitted still or the circuit boards . I have looked into motors swaps this being one , I have also been involved in these motors being fitted into Westfield clubmans in which the wiring is a nightmare however is slowly being perfected.
Saying that nothing is impossible just depends on you VERY deep pockets.
maztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
TheMAN

Car: .
the other issue is, the exhaust faces the wrong direction on that motor, making fitment difficult in the engine bay... the gearbox is also much larger and uses a cable selector mechanism, which also further complicates things
Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
sim08u

Car: Mazda SP20
the right way** lol

Hustle and Flow
sim08u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
I took have looked into it. Problem is A BJ and BG are TOO SMALL an engine bay.

On the bigger G-series cars the box is too easy to put in. As we know some put toyota box in and you can fit most into the bigger chassis.

As noted the exhaust being reversed makes it near impossible to fit with out massive heat sheilding on the firewall.

I was looking into buying a DY Mazda 2 - and putting a 2.3L N/A in and that too I found Height was not an issue like on other early models but depth.

If you go via where the Axle line fits on the gear box. it gets very very tight on the intake manifold to radiator.

As noted nothing impossible. I think main issueing being if your in NSW - legally it will be a HEAD (insert fav word) ache and you would need to in effect turn a said donor car into a Mazda 3 with out the body.
On the other hand PICK a pre 1975 model car Run full aftermarket ECU and Enjoy.
Just find a FWD pre 1975 model car engine will fit in with ease ?

Not positive on full legalities but a ealry 80's FWd telstar or 626 could eat one and being carby you could get away with running it on a aftermarket ECU but I am not convinced that loop hole is still available
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #6
TheMAN

Car: .
the BJ is actually based on the GF chassis... you'll be surprised how many things interchanges from it