Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 01-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #21
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
street legal - our rules are very different to nsw in qld. definately check it out with an engineers first
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #22
Fro-Daddy

Send a message via MSN to Fro-Daddy
thanx for those answers man...and in the same too!
Fro-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:33 AM   #23
wiredone
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Evo 8
in the same? i don't understand
To boost or not to boost - http://www.trafficmesh.com
wiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #24
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Doug, does your kit use the new intake plumbing (black now) to the throttle body like Juan's does? I noticed that at Autosalon you have the original (goes over vavle cover) one on yours. Just wondering, as Juan is on his 3rd intake design I've noticed.

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:03 AM   #25
Fro-Daddy

in the same day...i always miss out the important words :P
Old 02-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #26
wiredone
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicaboo
Doug, does your kit use the new intake plumbing (black now) to the throttle body like Juan's does? I noticed that at Autosalon you have the original (goes over vavle cover) one on yours. Just wondering, as Juan is on his 3rd intake design I've noticed.

Gav.
I assume your talking about the cold side of the turbo (inlet side, from the pod filter)

I have a modified version of the original (modified to suit my fuel rail and intake manifold)

As i recommended if you get the kit i recommend doing a plumb sytem down into the bar, it is hard with the new piping if requested to make it clear the bonnet nicely because of our australian kit having a different coolant temp fitting location right under this pipe.

The kit we sell does use the new heat shield though even though i don't have it (my turbo doesn't fit under it)
Old 02-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #27
Fro-Daddy

so will anything have to moved or removed? you keep the aircon right?
Old 02-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #28
wiredone
AstinaGT Regular

nothing will have to be moved...

you use our custom power steering hose bracket to move the power steering out of the way but apart from that it stays stock...

i have been pulled over by highway patrols and they have not defected the turbo because the manifod was so clean and cast they thought it had to be factory... =p
Old 03-07-2005, 10:23 AM   #29
Fro-Daddy

hehe cool

whats the availablitlity on the kits? what turbo is it? coz all it says on the site is that its a WRC BB turbo...
Old 03-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #30
wiredone
AstinaGT Regular

the turbo is a IHI vf-22 off an STI.... it is still the biggest HP turbo bolt on for a WRX

availability... well if your highly interested i can put together prices for you... you will be looking between 6500-7500 landed, although you need to be prespared for customs etc... which is an external cost.

This is usually the part where everyone goes "man waht a rip off" so i will await your reply.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #31
Fro-Daddy

haha nah im not saying that...although the price on the site converts to under 5k, so 1.5k shipping does seem a bit excessive for these parts...ever had a rough price on what customs can be?

im only getting prices for the future, im not looking at doing this tomorrow or the next day, maybe in a few months or so when ive sorted some crap out...

thanx for all your info and patience mate, will get back to asap!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:14 PM   #32
wiredone
AstinaGT Regular

yes but our kit is different, our kit bolts on to an aussie car with no hassles (and i can tell you there is hassles) our kit pays for a fuel engine management (E6X) not just a fuel controller(F10) (a big difference in price between them) ours runs maps for aussie cars with correct aussie barometric correction etc... ours gets past the fact that the aussie ECU is different from the american version and not so happy with being replaced, especially our alternator which will not run if you don't know how to set it up right, and you have a full PCB design for the ECU so you can work around it... All this information has been worked out for you and the time of these people has been paid for by me....

plus your buying from someone who has been there and done that and will help you all the way...

quite a few bonuses for a non expensive setup.... =) (and for what you get and how quickly you get it it is cheap, and i will fight anyone to the death over this...lol specially after me not having my car for so long just for everyone elses sake)

Buying the american version and modifying it is an option, because although i have a distributor agreement with hiboost it seems they are more than happy to talk directly with customers about it. But i strongly advise against it as i know first hand the battle it was to have the car on the road 100% happy and the people i was having work on it really knew they're stuff so experience is not the issue here... and at the end of the day that is what everyone wants, not everyone has a show car they can afford to leave at a workshop for months to get it working, us everyday drivers need to get to work somehow =)