Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > NSW

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #1
tidy protege

Car: wrx
Send a message via MSN to tidy protege
Annual January Newcastle Cruise 2006

OK guys i know this might sound heaps premature, but we started to plan this cruise pretty early last year for January this year and it was a huge success. We got an awsome turn out and i think its pretty safe to say that we all had a ball.

Through the course of this year a few new members from nsw have registered on the forum and become more active and its for this reason that i think next year can be bigger and better.

We got 28 cars this year, many of which were a pretty high caliber, we had a ball and took a heap of pictures.

What i want to start doing is getting some ideas of dates, places to go and who is interested in coming. If we put a little bit of time into planning this cruise i think it will be one of the bigger events on the AGT calender based of the success of this years event.

So post up what ever ideas come to mind and we can decide as group what we want to do next year.

Nothing will be finalised until late december early january, but it would be good to have a general idea of a date and location in mind by christmas time.

Last edited by tidy protege; 22-10-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-10-2005, 10:18 AM   #2
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
I'll be there. I like to see nice roads and scenery, since on a cruise of this nature you can't really drive too spirited with red and green Ps in the pack.
You and your bro could go scout out some areas and see what you think of 30 odd cars driving in a road train on the courses you like.

Gav.
Old 22-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
the pub was very praiseful of us last year too, everyone was well behaved and there wasn't a drama at all

Hunter Valley gardens was last years venue, with lunch at the irish pub there, and i know we seem to do the same but its such a sucessful cruise every time!!!!

having said all that me not too sure i can attend this year - but i did say that last year too!!! Gav, might see if i can get a lift with you or someone else from up that way...

also highway patrol were informed last 2 times, and never seen all day, but got back to me and was really excited about the idea of the cruise through town (i think the dude was a little crazy)

anyway Craig, if ya need help at all again let me know matey! Denman out to Rosemount would be fun but not much there once your there!!!

i still want to skip the F3 too but i don't see that happening soon!
Old 22-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #4
andrewgrazier

id like to go
but my cars getin on in age n looks pretty craptastic now
Old 22-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
Laser the Amazer

Send a message via ICQ to Laser the Amazer Send a message via MSN to Laser the Amazer
I'm in defiently

last year I made a very late decision to come, after 3 phone calls of people asking me where I was when I was still in bed lol.

I had a great time

Hunter Valley sounds good for lunch again

Rob
Old 22-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 04 wrx
Send a message via MSN to goldsp
yeh i agree definately a good cruise . ill begin looking for nice roads and venues to eat for next years cruise . then get back to you guys and girls on my idea's .

this years was a great success

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbgar...do=view&id=799
Old 22-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
tidy protege

Im trying to work out some fun roads to go on, but a posible idea is to cruise out to nelsons bay for the day and have a nice fish and chip lunch on the water.

The vineyards is always a great place for a cruise, but i think we need to find some more roads to cruise on out near the vineyards and maybe another venue for lunch so we have something new to look foward to.

Me and gav also discussed the idea and scoped out the paterson area for lunch and theres a great place where we could have a bbq and get some awsome shots, the only concern about out there is the crap roads on the way out as alot of cars that might come on this cruise will have rubber band size tyres that might not like the harsh roads.

Datewise, Australia day this year worked welll, but we can set the date once people get back to us with what best works for them and then we can have a poll to work out the date of the cruise and its destination.

Finally as i said for the last january cruise, please tell all ya mates with 323's/lasers about this one as we want to be even bigger for this cruise.

Cheers, Burgs
Old 22-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
platypus
living in the past man

dude stay with the date - its so perfect public holiday etc etc....

how can you go wrong?? and it also cuts the idiots out due to DD - never been a prob before!!!
Old 22-10-2005, 10:39 PM   #9
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahb11m
Gav, might see if i can get a lift with you or someone else from up that way...
Happy to oblige, nice to have someone to speak smack with during a long drive.
Old 23-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #10
tidy protege

I was liking the idea of keeping the Australia Day date, destination is something i think we need to work on.
Old 23-10-2005, 08:44 AM   #11
chicaboo

Destination, and making every best attempt to prevent the string of cars being broken up. How about every 5th car we have a course coordinator that knows the roads and where we're going if we get broken up by traffic lights/rail crossing? That does become a problem on any cruise with more than 5 or 6 cars...
Old 23-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #12
tidy protege

With this next cruise im going to try and keep it on the open road as much as possible, but yeah it would be a smart idea for ever 4th or 5th car to have directions to our destination.

Also UHF's again will be a huge help.
Old 23-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #13
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
yeah keep the same date, i like that.

agree with james, dont like the highways. pretty pointless and boring

kinda stupid that we cant venture too far from sydney because too many people are to farking lazy to venture outside their comfort zone even though many qlder's make the trip often.

another idea foa possible drive is maybe the blue mountains?
Old 23-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #14
mobsta_Satan

Send a message via MSN to mobsta_Satan
Okay guys i am a newy boy, i think the vinyards is a good idea but since there are goin to be so many mazdas i think the thing to do is invade.
The locals here every week go to newcastle foreshore and park and show off there vehicles, there is this one part that is a side road for everyone to park while they show off, i think if we pick a sunday when it is packed and take over the main parts of it we could do that late in the arvo or after lunch, but then we could go to the brewery or the customs house hotel for a few quiet ones and a chat to meet all the new and old members.
I think that thevineyards is a great idea maybe out on broke rd. (look it up on the map) it is a hotspot for sites, then we could stop at finnigans or soemthing.
I know it is very typical cause it is the foreshore but remember it is a newy cruse not a nsw cruise
Old 23-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #15
tidy protege

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightprotege
yeah keep the same date, i like that.

agree with james, dont like the highways. pretty pointless and boring

kinda stupid that we cant venture too far from sydney because too many people are to farking lazy to venture outside their comfort zone even though many qlder's make the trip often.

another idea foa possible drive is maybe the blue mountains?
yeap the blue mtns could be cool, we can chuck that up on the list and people who intend on coming can vote on it.
Old 23-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #16
chicaboo

Bathurst?
Old 23-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #17
platypus
living in the past man

what i'd like to do would be Jenolan Caves - much better than other locations, easily accessible to most cars, beautiful scenery, oneway road into the caves, twisty road, activities

guest house is cool

just a few throughts on jenolan!!!!

Mobsta, we have invaded most years as far as i knew? this year i didn't make it over as my exhuast manifold split open!!! but its ok i have extractors now!!!

UHF radios can be had at Strathfield for $20 and while not brilliant, they are better than no radio!!!

Andy its crazy how they don't like to venture or charter unknown territory - eg put up Nelson Bay versus Hunter Wineries people don't realise it takes like 25 minutes more to get the Nelson!!! (unless we stop at fighter world, and the go-karts!!!)
Old 23-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #18
mcwilly

Car: 323 astina
im so keen for this cruise again. i agree stick wid the same date and a possible destination change, nelson bay doesnt sound to bad although its a fairly boring drive and once ur there nothing much to do except eat. i also think jenolan would be good fun but also think that this is a newy cruise so try keep it close to newcastle. i havent really got any ideas of destination at the moment but ill have a think.
Old 23-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #19
butters323

Send a message via MSN to butters323
i dont mind where we go.... all i know is im keen... ill be lookin forward to it mate.
Old 23-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #20
platypus
living in the past man

oh daz, i can't wait to see your eye socket on a cruise!!!! bwahahaha!