Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
preeman80
AstinaGT Regular

Car: SP20 BJII Hatch
Cool Time to replace my Scirocco R

Hey Guys,
I am now starting to look at options to replace my Scirocco and also sell my Astina 323 SP20.

What is out there you guys would look at?

Is there any new Mazda 3 MPS coming out? AWD maybe? I hope they are getting rid of that scoop!
preeman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
oyeloo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 Astina SP20
Send a message via Skype™ to oyeloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by preeman80 View Post
Hey Guys,
I am now starting to look at options to replace my Scirocco and also sell my Astina 323 SP20.

What is out there you guys would look at?

Is there any new Mazda 3 MPS coming out? AWD maybe? I hope they are getting rid of that scoop!
Replace your Scirocco???? are you crazy!! I love them cars but couldnt afford one to save my life
Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
has the vW his 40,000kms and now breaking down more often?

Now new Mazda 3 MPS and Don't hold out for a 4WD version anytime soon.
Mazda don't see it as market it needs to compete in here nor in the US.

I can't recommend any new cars personally on that size front.

But depending on your dessired wants and needs should lead you into the car you want. Might not be be what you need.

I can't say buy this or that. I can only say as above you have a near new car ? Why.

the Sp20 is well again it's another Why.

Most people down size or upsize . For family - Work. Or back pocket reasons.

I now have a new transportation system for me it's my legs and 300 ton Railed thing provided by the Government. Full of ugly leppers and bludgers. Once your off the Bankstown line and in the Eastern suburbs line I find humans again. So it's not comfortable but neither is solid engine mounts, race seat, eibachs and konis on Sydney roads.

Scirocco R hmm I just hope it's not another blow engine due to poor fuel.
Seen several Gold R's and Sciroccos and even Passat models. Poor performance due to fuel.

Forgot about the Dual clutch gearbox mazda is planning on. it's one bit of talk with regard to the MPS they are working on. again next model when the new shape 3 comes out

Last edited by rodhog; 06-05-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: forgot about the DCG
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
preeman80
AstinaGT Regular

Car: SP20 BJII Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
has the vW his 40,000kms and now breaking down more often?
Yup, it is now just under 40,000kms and bought in December 2011. Won't say it is breaking down however it does have more issues in materials.

The biggest issue is the DSG, it has had loss of power for a second or so. Basically while rolling, trying to accelerate sometimes leads to no response from the car for a second or so. This is dangerous as once I had this happen to me while I was trying to squeeze into a round about. (there was still enough time but not a nice feeling to know that you should be accelerating away not just rolling)

The second issue was trying to roll through a set of light and accelerate to overtake before running into the back of a parked car. Still made it, but it was closer than I would have liked it to be. I should have been long gone and changed the lanes way before I got any where near the parked car.

Quote:
I can't say buy this or that. I can only say as above you have a near new car ? Why.

the Sp20 is well again it's another Why.

Most people down size or upsize . For family - Work. Or back pocket reasons.
SP20 is now a spare car since my wife and her sister got their own cars. The Scirocco change is for a couple of reasons. Firstly I get a tax break for the car, with the car been in use for two financial years in June my next return will not be as good as depreciation is fading away.

The other reason for the change is the cost of keeping the car, they way I have read it the servicing will be more expensive, there is also DSG service etc which could be way more than I would like to pay. With the issues I have seen with the DSG it might be better to let it go. I have heard from many sources about VW DSG in general dont fair well with lots of KM and time. Not sure how true that is but sounds concerning. Again, your first point was about how many KMs on the car

Quote:
I now have a new transportation system for me it's my legs and 300 ton Railed thing provided by the Government. Full of ugly leppers and bludgers. Once your off the Bankstown line and in the Eastern suburbs line I find humans again. So it's not comfortable but neither is solid engine mounts, race seat, eibachs and konis on Sydney roads.
Lol

Quote:
Scirocco R hmm I just hope it's not another blow engine due to poor fuel.
Seen several Gold R's and Sciroccos and even Passat models. Poor performance due to fuel.
I think I will change where I buy my fuel, I only buy 98 as that is all I can use. However I have seen worse economy over time, going from 10/100 to 12/100 and nothing that I can do about it. Could be the actual fuel as I have moved to a different petrol brand/station. This is a constantly a 5 or so cents a Litre cheaper.

Maybe they havent changed the air filter either, will check on it.

Quote:
Forgot about the Dual clutch gearbox mazda is planning on. it's one bit of talk with regard to the MPS they are working on. again next model when the new shape 3 comes out
I still have atleast a few months before I can make a move and depends if there is a waiting list as well.

I have glanced over at Volvo V40, that could be interesting. R-Design T5.
preeman80 is offline   Reply With Quote