Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Interior & Electrics

Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
aerosport

Car: 2000 Mazda 323 BJ Astina
Help me with BJ fog lights? wiring?

Hey guys

I have bought and mounted the fog lights onto my car.
I have bought a genuine fog light switch from Mazda.
I've read this here
I do not own a genuine harness but I am more than capable of making one and fitting my own Deustch plugs in place of the genuine ones.

Story: I was once under my car and discovered a random plug just chillin above/near the right wheel and thought "fcuk yeah that could be for fog lights". So I bought some fog lights off ebay that fit my car and I had noticed once that there was a plug for a switch near my illumination switch, so I checked the manual and it was there for fog lights. I buy the switch, plug it in, it lights up, that's a good sign, so to find out if the plug I found near the right wheel is for fog lights I put a test light to it. Nothing...
BUT I have recently learnt at my apprenticeship that most cars these days have the switch on the negative, not the positive. so I put the test light on the + of the battery and check for earths through the plug.

The brown/black wire is a constant earth with the switch either on/off. Blue/red however is nothing, neither positive or negative in on/off. WTF.
Anyway I decide to check the switch wiring with the test light.

Green/black is constantly on with parkers (power for the switch to light up) and iirc the black wire and white wire were constant negatives. The blue/yellow wire was negatively switched though, ie earth with switch on, nothing with switch off.
And now I'm stuck. It doesn't make sense to me. That blue/red wire being nothing??? I dunno, for this to work I would assume there woul have to be a + and a - at the plug.
If I'm missing something feel free to make me feel like a dick.
Should I have just made the harness and possibly avoided making this thread altogether?

Love to hear form anybody at this point.
Thanks
Zeke

Pic of the beast in question:
aerosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
maztech

Car: ......
Blue /yellow Earths relay to switch black from switch to ground
Blue /red at bumper is positive feed to lights
Relay above accel pedal T layout connector from back of plug
Top. Blue/yellow ,light green black
Bottom blue , blue /red
Fuse under bonnet 15 amp
Earth blue /yellow at switch and lights should come on if not check relay and fuse
maztech is offline   Reply With Quote