Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 09-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
mickey_323

Car: protege 323
the boys in blue

thought i would try and start a thread to see who's got any stories, whether they be funny/angry/other about run ins with the law...

at some point or other, everyone gets pulled over.. so who's got stories?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ill try and get it started... i got pulled over again last night, i didn't do anything wrong, (at least i dont think so :S). So they pulled me over, blue and red lights flashing, the siren the whole shebang... So i'm wetting my pants. But it ends nicely, just before the officer made it to my door, they got called away for something more important.

So what do they do? lean out the window, tell me i can go, drop a nice big fat burnout in front of some ones house at 2AM, and take off... those new police cars are powerful!

And for a funny story. One of my mates, who is a bit of a character, freezes whenever he sees a police car. One afternoon he spotted a police car on the side of a road, and managed to drive right through the middle of a roundabout, cut a path through the bushes and plants in the middle and crack a rim against the gutter on the other side. All that, to find the police car was simply parked there... not an officer in sight!
mickey_323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1998 Honda Civic CXi Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_323 View Post

And for a funny story. One of my mates, who is a bit of a character, freezes whenever he sees a police car. One afternoon he spotted a police car on the side of a road, and managed to drive right through the middle of a roundabout, cut a path through the bushes and plants in the middle and crack a rim against the gutter on the other side. All that, to find the police car was simply parked there... not an officer in sight!
LMAO!!!
Ky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
FOX33N
AstinaGT Regular

Car: a Car
When Trent and I were Coming Home from getting my bonnet in QLD, we got pulled over for speeding In the Middle of NO where ( there werent even cows Around) and then Randomly the Man in Blue asked How much petrol we have?? What a Random Question had nothing to do with anything..

Thats my Weird Run in With the Cops,

Althou im like the First Guy and Freezing up, I Used to freak out when i was on my reds, I Once got chased through traffic on Pennant Hills Road, Because I Smiled at the Cop Driving Past Nervously.
FOX33N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
hks_kansei
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mondeo
my most scary one was when I made quite a bad error in judgement.

the officer pulled me over, and just screamed at me, after yelling at me, the other officer went around my whole car checking it over (lucky I make sure my mods are all legal), she then took my number down and said once she did a background check and decided what she was going to put on the ticket she would get in touch.

because it was a first offence, I got off relatively lightly, a fine, no point loss, and my car put down on the watch list

for the next 2 weeks I was being pulled over by every car that saw me, just to check on me.

lesson learned.

then the week after that happened I was at the local with mates, every Friday/Saturday a couple of officers come in just to check everything's alright........... oh, and what luck! it was her turn to check that night

didnt recognise me luckily.

71.3kw@5341rpm - 394.4nm@3968rpm - Protek Dyno.
2000 Mazda MX5
hks_kansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

I don't like them. End of.

I had this weirdo guy with yellow teeth staring at me outside work for like 2 hours one day. He'd already been in the office twice and I had locked the door because I was on my own. Well after 2 hours you start to get a little nervy at the fact this guy is staring at you while you work, so in the end I called the cops.

Well they did their job and moved him on but not before the fat pig (known as a cop) who was chewing his gum as loud as he possibly could (like all good American cops) told the guy that it was ME who called him. That's real smart!!!!!

Common sense = ZERO!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
hks_kansei
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mondeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky_88 View Post
told the guy that it was ME who called him. That's real smart!!!!!

Common sense = ZERO!

wow........ how stupid of him!

reminds me of an episode of Family Guy, where peter walks in on a police linup and says "i'm here to pick up my son, he's here to pick out the guy who robbed the shop, ahve you seen him? oh here's a photo, you can keep that because he wrote his address on it"

sorry, just ignore me, I watch way too much TV.

71.3kw@5341rpm - 394.4nm@3968rpm - Protek Dyno.
2000 Mazda MX5
hks_kansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
chris-cool

Car: TX3 soon to be Astina
I think the funniest time that I have been pulled over by the police was when I first got my licence.

I had my licence for roughly 2 months, I was driving out of the shops and saw the red and blue flashing lights, so I was pulled over on a main road - The cop had this smug look on his face thinking he had caught someone stealing a car ( My car at the time was registered in my mothers name )

He basically asked me all of these questions about me and who the car was registered too, who owned the car, where they lived, their date of birth and any other cars that are registered in their name.

So I answered everything and then said, Do you want my mothers parents names and the cars they have? He went to his car checked it all out and then said "fine. . You can leave!" and then walked off looking pissed off.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
lol at chris' story
me and my mate got pulled over onces because the cop wanted to know where he got his wheels from lol
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #9
mickey_323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putonyourshoes View Post
lol at chris' story
me and my mate got pulled over onces because the cop wanted to know where he got his wheels from lol
i imagine that your mate was freaking because he thought he did something wrong?? LOL only to find the cop had the hots for his rims
Old 09-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #10
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
lol i was packing it and i wasnt even driving. im one of those people who shiiits themselves when they see cop cars haha
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #11
Ripper323
Carless Bum

Car: whatever I can borrow
A couple of years ago after leaving Heatcote race way from a drag test and tune day, I passed a cop on the opposite of the road, just sitting there. I wasn't speeding, and thought nothing of it until next thing I look in my rearview mirror and there is the cop behind me. There was nothing for a few seconds, then the lights flashed on, so I pulled over.
I did the usual, got my license out, got out of the car and asked how fast I was going. He replys
"you weren't speeding"
He started taking down my details on my license and asked me if I stopped in heathcote itself? I had to buy a drink, but that was it. I finally got it out of him that a car matching the description of my car had done a runner from fuel station. He then says it's not me he's looking for cause I don't match the description of the person who did the runner.
I then laughed and told him that I couldn't have stolen any fuel cause my fuel light was nearly on, cause the fuel was cheaper at the next town!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
well for me

it's like this in the 80's

We had a

POLICE FORCE

in the 90's

We got a

Police Service.

Now

we have

KINDERGARDEN COPS

just my opinon and lots of old police officers I know as well.

I can't say anyting on either side due to LEGAL reasons and too many read these things but.

just to prove how stupid they are.

One night at one of them ILLIGAL events, I was just a whitness in a mates car.

They Block the road either end. HP car a SS VT- yeah this is how old it was. THe officers ocmes out - walks up to my mates BA ( yes green 1.8L dropped on 18's and them days a $500 canon- then it was cool)
but he left the keys in and door open. Now - Those Middle eastern looking guys that always turn up to cause trouble.
One of them jumpped in and unblocked the road.

His words to us were, "LISTEN UP TELL ALL YOUR MATES IF YOU DON'T STOP THIS WERE GOING TO IMPOUND, .............. OH FARK"

So then this officer is running up the road, looking for his radio - everyone scatters - except us. We were a bit well stupid and didn't care. My mate drives next to him and say - " YOU WERE SAYING officer"
In them days cops coudl still say things they can't now. So I won't repeat the Racist criminal remarks but even it was funny, and still is.

but here is one for you lot .

hat do you think a Female Cop - you have a relationship with before she was cop - Okay quick relationship, but remembers you easily.
Pulls you over, Fo nothing
now works in your HOON AREA.

What do you do.................................?

I'm not going to say anything other then, Eiher way you go it's BAD.

option 3 leave the area is a good one.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:44 AM   #13
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
another hard to read post.. the enter key is not to be used as a weapon rodhog

i've had a few run ins with the cops. they must have put me on the watch list for about 3-4 months at one stage cause i was getting pulled over 2-3 times a week. A couple of people on here know i work as a bartender nights, well that means going home at 1am~. so anyway i'm heading home, i've changed out of my work shirt into a normal t and i'm driving away from the pub and i get pulled over about a k up the road. anyway this cop walks up and leans down to give me a RBT (random my ass, they were waiting out side the pub). in the process he must have smelt the beer and everything from work and out came the classic line "Have you been drinking son?" (I'm a smart-ass so i'm biting my tongue to not say "Have you been eating donuts officer?"). The prick gave me 2 RTBs, checked over the entire damn car, interrogated me and then let finally me go 20min later. apparently they didnt have anywhere better to be..
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 AM   #14
mickey_323

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoAust View Post
The prick gave me 2 RTBs, checked over the entire damn car, interrogated me and then let finally me go 20min later. apparently they didnt have anywhere better to be..

They gave you two RBT's? :S. Far out. They must have been desperate to book you.

Was that before the whole drug testing thing? You could have been unluckier, two drugs tests and two RBT's lol
Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #15
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks_kansei View Post
wow........ how stupid of him!

reminds me of an episode of Family Guy, where peter walks in on a police linup and says "i'm here to pick up my son, he's here to pick out the guy who robbed the shop, ahve you seen him? oh here's a photo, you can keep that because he wrote his address on it"

sorry, just ignore me, I watch way too much TV.
I bloody love that show... and yeah it is a bit like that episode. Didn't think of that! lol.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #16
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
First off I will say that, although they are police, they are doing a job, but sometimes that can a bit hard to comprehend...

I'll start off with a pic of my old car, a 1981 Holden Gemini, what you would call a poor mans hyundai of the time

I got this as a ****ter for $100 back before I started yr12, and progressed to what you see there at the end of June 03, so basically rebuilt so I would have a car for when I could get my P's.

First real incident I had in the car was getting done for speeding down the M1 at beenleigh doing 142km/h, so 32k's over. the driver got me to get out my licence blah blah, then proceeded back to the car. I thought I'd be there for a while so I jumped out and waited beside the concrete wall. While this is happening, the other officer jumps out, checks out the car, looks inside the car with his torch, gets me to pop the bonnet, and then starts to compliment me on a job well done with the presentation of teh car! I was purely stunned!! he then told me some minor things that were wrong (freying seat belts) but didnt want to book me as he said I was already in enough trouble .

Couple months later, a couple of my mates and I were sitting outside the Civiv centre in Ipswich here, not doing anything wrong, just parked watching the cars go past. outta nowhere comes a undercover cop car, both get out, walk towards us and ask if they our cars, in which we reply yes, then start yabbering on about some new law where you can not be more then 15metres away from your car unlocked. what made it worse was that one of the officers asked who owned the Gem, in which I replied me, stood up against the car, got his radar out & measured how far away I was!! $30 fine later, no more heard...

Only a week later, was passing through the centre of town, got directed to pull over by a police officer on the side of the road, asks me how my night was, do the whole breath test & licence check, what was a little odd was when I showed him my licence, he had a little chuckle to himself, asked how many points I had (which was none, well 1pt/1 year), then told me to go home. on the monday, the old boy gets home, asked me if I got pulled over by a large cop with a mo on saturday, which I replied yes, turns out he's best mates with my dad!!

Another side of the story which is pretty bad is that the car was black-listed in both Ipswich & the coast. within a 6month period I got pulled up 50times in total, the worst being 5 times within a 24hr period including being in a defect station for 2 hours to get nothing done to me...

Whats odd now is that I have had the astina for close to 3 years, and have never deliberately been the target of cops. Also I dont do any of the stupid **** I use to back then.

I could go on for another page but that'd just bore ya's

Marc
Old 10-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #17
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
...I'll start off with a pic of my old car, a 1981 Holden Gemini, what you would call a poor mans hyundai of the time

Did a good job of that car! Love the colour.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #18
mickey_323

50 times? $#%*!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #19
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
well i got this car on the start of grade 12, rebuilt it so i have something for when i get my P's. i got it for free cus it was going to the dump

few months later and thats the final product. i got pulled over so much i lost count, and im not even gonna start about all the runins with law i had for stupid choises i did a few years ago, but i just wanted to say that for how much stupid sh!t i did in that POS 1988 Camira, iv never ever gotten caught for, i must b very fkn lucky. iv never gotten a speeding ticket, redlight ticket or a defect. just 2 parking tickets. and one for doing a uturn on a set of trafic lights :| WTF but i dont care. lol funnyest brethtest i had was just here on paradise rd, a cop puleld me over, and this was just wehn i got my BA, and did the ruitine speech leading up to the breath test. after i blew he said wow u really wernt drinking 2nite.

i said
i dont drink ever.

cop
oh well this was a waste of time wasnt it then

me
tax payers money at work

him
pissed him self laughing
well we have to do something, suprisingly quiet for woodridge 2nite

Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #20
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoAust View Post
another hard to read post.. the enter key is not to be used as a weapon rodhog

my PC Screen is a 120cm HD -LCD - anything more then 3 or 4 lines - I can't read it. Looks too scary.

So I seperate it all. I need the GAPS.

Sorry to those who use small 17inch screens. Join the 21st century.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote