Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 17-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
Silencer

Send a message via MSN to Silencer
Help, i need advice

YO since im moving to da krazy aussie circus soon i need a bit of help.
i was tinkin of gettin me one of tho's well wicked WRX's yeah but da problem is dis, I LOVE AN ASTINA.

So i wot shud i get, we only get the 1.8 here but u guys get the 2.0l V6 aswell so shud i get one of thos. can u turbo it. Im looking for around 180-200kw, eventually.obviously it takes time and money to get ther. so wot is the best thing to get, shud i stick to the 4cyl or go 6cyl. Here in SA its piss easy to get 200-250kw atw. but after speaking to Nate im not sure how easy its to do there. even 150kw atw is pretty good id be happy with that, so wit all that in mind what shud i get?

any advice is appreciated, an dont tel me to get a WRX cause those are really sweet cars and id love 1. AWD rocks
Old 17-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
You could get the V6 BA Astina and swap the 2.0l for the 2.5l from the jap Mx-6. 150kw for the price of the motor and labor to swap. then you can start to modify :twisted:
Old 17-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
pls stay with the mazda family. wrx's are every second car and they are god aweful boring now.

there are heaps of astina options. plenty that will kill a wrx with a little work
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
Silencer

Really? cos dats wot im actually looking for. i was checking out rupewrecht's web page and he say's he runs 13 second 1/4 mile's.if i cud get into the 13 second bracket it wud be great. a mate of mine in OZ has a GTR33 Skyline and his fastest time so far is 13.6. he's totally against me gettin an Astina. but i love them so i hae to get 1, plus it would be good to give him a run for his money i reckon.

Oh i have to say, Im BA all the way. so no others count
Old 17-06-2004, 07:02 PM   #5
twilightprotege

well if you want to get a gtr killer - BA with bpt conversion and awd. you'd dust 99.9% of other cars on the road!
Old 17-06-2004, 07:25 PM   #6
Silencer

that sounds awesome, i think il move in that direction. but i dont know, on the forum it looks like guys think its near impossible to do. but here in SA im sure it cud be done easy enough. theres spans of guys willing to try, we'v got AWD cars here where the guys got an engine in front and 1 at the rear. just recently theres a uy who completed his Mid-engine mounted Honda CRX, now that thing moves. its got a 2.2l V-tech motor in it, turbo and all. cant remember the KW but well over 200kw
Old 17-06-2004, 07:32 PM   #7
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Any thing is possable with the right planning and a big enough budget.
I've looked into the awd BA Astina and while a little tricky I believe it can be done without too much work to the structural components.
It would take a lot of trial and error and that costs money. I don't know how much and I'd hate to even think of a ballpark figure.
Old 17-06-2004, 08:33 PM   #8
twilightprotege

dont forget the biggest advantage of an astina over a gtr etc is weight. 150kw at the wheels for us will kill a wrx. hell at the moment i'm not falling too far behind a friend's 200sx when we have a rolling start...and i'm NA!
Old 17-06-2004, 08:41 PM   #9
Silencer

so u think 150kw at the wheels will do it, yeah this is too cool. i need to speak to jynx and see what it takes to get that. Boy am i going to love it in OZ. especially looking forward to the cruises. pitty u guys cant use nitrous ther tho. over here its krazy, everybody's got laughing gas
Old 17-06-2004, 08:45 PM   #10
twilightprotege

we'll have to catch up when you get a car since i'm in bris too!

yeah 150kw at the wheels will waste lots of cars here...even with fwd only!!! (just pray for traction)
Old 17-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #11
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
TURBO MAZDA in sydney is selling his 200KW atw BG beast sould be worth having a chat to

cheers mike
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #12
Silencer

BA ALL DA WAY, that is important. only want a BA astina. but yeah thanks.

traction is a problem, about 2 weeks back i saw an astina, it only had 126kw at the wheels and ran low 15's. but thats also at 5000+ meters above sea level. i hope the traction problem wont be 2 difficult to sort, i shud speak to sum guys cause theres sum fast FWD cars here,mostly golfs and opels. but yeah alot running from 10-12 seconds FWD
Old 17-06-2004, 09:00 PM   #13
JynX

Send a message via ICQ to JynX Send a message via MSN to JynX
traction is an issue
JynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 09:02 PM   #14
twilightprotege

traction control capable ecu's are well worth the money!
Old 17-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #15
Silencer

ok, 150kw with some or other traction aiding device. 2 kewl. im not getting anything other than an astina now.
Old 17-06-2004, 11:14 PM   #16
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer
BA ALL DA WAY, that is important. only want a BA astina. but yeah thanks.

traction is a problem, about 2 weeks back i saw an astina, it only had 126kw at the wheels and ran low 15's. but thats also at 5000+ meters above sea level. i hope the traction problem wont be 2 difficult to sort, i shud speak to sum guys cause theres sum fast FWD cars here,mostly golfs and opels. but yeah alot running from 10-12 seconds FWD
opels .... mum has a 96 barina sitting in the garage :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: dont give me ideas

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 11:56 PM   #17
Silencer

theres a guy with naturally aspirated opel corsa (holden barina, or so i hear) who runs 12.1sec 1/4mile. I mean N/A now thats wild
Old 18-06-2004, 03:26 AM   #18
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
nothing plays power down on corners like a FWDand when rolling the get up and boogie is an awesome experience as the "pulling" sensation from the car is highly addictive as is the look on others faces when your FWD gets up and boogies with the best. BRING IT ON
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004, 06:14 AM   #19
twilightprotege

good to hear you're staying in the astina family
Old 18-06-2004, 07:45 AM   #20
JynX

Send a message via ICQ to JynX Send a message via MSN to JynX
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightprotege
traction control capable ecu's are well worth the money!
i have traction control in my right foot

but yes, i am investigating some form of traction control system. Only problem I have is the wastegate isnt big enough to keep boost any lower then 14psi .....

ah well... new turbo
JynX is offline   Reply With Quote