KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
AstinaGT, I need you!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I sent out this email yesterday.

We have to move
*groan*

Some of you endured and helped Aaron and I previously and your generosity was muchly appreciated.
I know I am doing it again and it doesn't make me feel too great about it all to be honest.

Unfortunately I will be unable to carry my end due to either
A) having just had major surgery
or
B) almost ready to have major surgery
Either way I am not supposed to lift more than 5 kilo's and Aaron is insistent that I do no further damage to myself by attempting to move things.

This leaves it all on Aaron to move everything and I don't want to do that to him.
Saturday 12th February will be the big moving date.
Mostly it is just getting things out of the unit here and into the truck, because moving it into a new place will be much easier.

We will hire a ute over the preceding week to try and get the smaller things shifted.
We will *hopefully* find a place and have keys by the 5th of Feb.
Any spare packing boxes are also muchly appreciated before the dreaded moving day.

I know it all sounds a bit dubious, but I feel so guilty/awful/frustrated/depressed/useless that I can't do much at the moment, so I am sending out the SOS once again.

I find it hard to ask for help, as I feel I have already lost a lot of my independence, but I don't know what else to do.

Anyone from out of town will have a bed somewhere amongst the madness if you so desire.

We will provide pizza and other refreshments, and have a HUGE party to say thankyou.

So whaddya say AstinaGT?
Anyone up for a cruise to Canberra?

*this call for help will be posted on forums and mailing lists I am part of, so hopefully if we get many hands it will make light work*

*crosses fingers n toes n everything!*
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
i can just see the mx5 cruising along with a fridge in the passenger seat...

i would be in kitty but its my sis's bday ... sorry

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
Mazda_Brian

Car: Soarer Twin Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Mazda_Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Mazda_Brian
Kitty as in my reply, name the time and place, I am there.

BTW, I am pretty broke over the next few weeks - month, but if yuo can get a trailor, I have tow-bar, and massive boot room, and we can move anything that's left with that and the truck.

Dont worry about fuel or anything like that, wor has my arse covered with my fuel card, so count me in, I will also bring Dani if she's well enough (got a massive case of flu at the moment).

B.
Old 13-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #4
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
kitty i'm there

give me a time of day and i'll meet you at your house (still the JJ apartment block?)
Old 13-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Thanks guys!
I will owe you big time.

Brian: we have a truck with a tail gate loader for 24hours from Saturday morning.

James: as long as you are up for it, I well remember how you told me you were going through tough times medically too...... believe me when I say I have learnt the lesson that your health comes first.......

I wub you guys!
Old 14-01-2005, 12:11 AM   #6
platypus
living in the past man

kitty i need the drive, and i get to see you and aaron, so i'm there

and them issues are cleared up.... i am no longer infected :lol: :lol:

i am medication free!!!!

ok for those who don't know, i had a big depressive swing not too long ago, and was being treated for it, anyway if your having troubles, go talk to ya doctor - they are your friends!!

kitty - would be highly appreciated if i can come down on friday night - i'll bring me own kit so no need to pull out extra stuff for a guest
Old 14-01-2005, 01:37 AM   #7
SehnKhan

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahb11m

ok for those who don't know, i had a big depressive swing not too long ago, and was being treated for it, anyway if your having troubles, go talk to ya doctor - they are your friends!!
Mate, I didn't know it was that serious, but glad to hear that you got through it. I too had some major depression last year for numerous reasons, but got through it with help (no medication though). It's tough, and I urge people to speak up if they are feeling blue!!

Back on topic for Kitty, if I am in any position to help out, and as I said on MSN, I can't say yes for definate right now, but if I can, I will help
SehnKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 09:08 AM   #8
KittyKatSmack
Banned

You guys are beautiful!

James: Always welcome, yes same JJ apartments, LOL
Anytime Friday, you can swim in the pool and kick back if you get here early enough

Boyd: Adam is coming to my rescue too, and I would love to be able to see you again and catchup! Don't feel pressured though, do what you gotta do.
You are always welcome here!

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I just want to yell.....

SLUMBER PARTY!!!!!
Old 14-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #9
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Update!!

The truck is BOOKED!
It has a hydraulic tail gate loader to make life a bit easier.

A lot of stuff will simply be moved into the double lock up garage for distribution into the house or the bin, depending if I get fed up with it all, LOL!

We have keys for the new place from Monday 7th February so hopefully we will move smaller stuff during the week (Aaron is taking the week off work)

I will have a plan of where everything goes, and hopefully everything will go super smoothly.

Then we can party by the pool here in farewell, or alternatively all go to the Canberra Raiders Club for dinner (cheap drinkies too) as it is literally right across the road!

I am so damned excited.

I want to thank everyone that has offered to help out so far, it does mean a lot to know I have TRUE friends.

Special thanks in advance go to Adam for travelling all the way from Melbourne.
MazdaBrian, his SO and ahb11m (James) for coming from Sydney.

Tony for helping out AGAIN!
JJ and Bec for the same, and ABC and Cath too.
I can't thankyou guys n gals enough for not only helping last time, but for doing it again.
*group hug*

Brian is bring air mattresses so there will even be beds!
Talk about flash LOL

To everyone, thankyou for your assistance, your kind words and offers for support.

AstinaGT truly is like having a big wonderful Family!!!
Old 14-01-2005, 06:59 PM   #10
Mazda_Brian

For All interested, I will be there Frida night, or Saturday Morning (depending), and I will also be bringing my spare beds, 2 or 3 (depending if they are still in good condition) queen sized air beds, so those that need a place to sleep, a queen sized air bed is comfortable, and roomy, I know, I have used one of them asa perminant bed for 6 months, without any issues...

Kitty, if I was you, I would be feeling pretty special, knowing yo have some awes friends that are willing to travel, adn work at the touch or a keyboard for you.

To those als coming, It's great your offering to help, Kitty is an awesome person, and has heart of gold, as do you guys.

See you all there.

B.
Old 14-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
hey my lovey
as to our phone convo, i'm coming too

i have got my whole workplace saving up boxes for me to take down. hope they will help oh and the 2 boxes of KKs i shall pick up on my way thru liverpool (they won't be empty thou....hopefully!) forgot to mention that this morning!!
i won't be in till close to 11pm, cos i won't leave work till 6pm on friday nite. but hopefully it'll be hot enuff for a swim on sat. i haven't been swimming since last summer.....sooo hot ;P

give me a holler if u need extra stuff brought down like sheets and mattresses. i also have a double blowup bed i can bring down if that helps.

should be a good weekend take care, sweet.
Old 15-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #12
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Krispy Kreme Goodness!

You're the best!!!

Brian, I feel more than special, I am totally touched by the willingness of people to help.

I am going to try and make this enjoyable too, so that you all that do help have a good time, a chance to meet other people and have a few laughs.

You are all ANGELS and I you all!!!

*stacks on group hug*
Old 15-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #13
platypus
living in the past man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatSmack
Krispy Kreme Goodness!
its spelt godess!!!!

i was planning on doing the same same, but i gots the jump, being on the other end totally of sydney!!!

Leigh don't let your boss stuff you around after work!!!!! and remember that i still do 4 hours my house to canberra!!!
Old 15-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #14
Mizda_Mazda
AstinaGT Regular

Car: ...
Send a message via MSN to Mizda_Mazda
Okay, i've been offline for a while(ISP trouble), what's the go??? I live in Canberra.
Mizda_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #15
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Welcome back Mizda.

To Everyone Else....

I do not mind if things come up and you have to change your mind, please don't feel guilty about it.

All I ask is that you give me fair warning and that I'm not expecting you only to have you not show up at the last minute.

Adam, I am truly sorry we won't be seeing you.
Old 17-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #16
Aaron
Stiff Member

Car: 1994 Lynx BP-T
Yes many thanks to everyone who'll be here! As Kitty says if you end up with things coming up let us know so we don't expect you (ie keep floor space or whatever).

I definately appreciate it!

For those that are there we'll be doing our best to make sure there's a cold drink, food and stuff on the day. We're hopign to organise ourselves in such a way that it'll be a quick and painless exercise for the Saturday leaving plenty of time for a dip in the pool, and all that jazz!

A.
Old 19-01-2005, 01:06 AM   #17
Mizda_Mazda
AstinaGT Regular

Car: ...
Send a message via MSN to Mizda_Mazda
Sorry, i'm still alittle bit confused at what is going on. Can someone give a summary of the thread???
Mizda_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 08:29 AM   #18
Aaron
Stiff Member

Car: 1994 Lynx BP-T
Quick Summary:

Kitty and I are moving from our dump of an apartment in crime central to somewhere less crappy.

Kitty is currently on Dr's orders not to lift or move anythign above 5kg, and not meant to be doing anything like sitting too long, standing too long etc etc

We need to move our stuff but can't afford removalists & I can't do it myself... So the community of AGT has been asked to help out. Working on the basis that many hands make light work and all that stuff.

Date in Question is Saturday the 12th Feb.

A.
Old 26-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #19
Mazda_Brian

Guys,

So far I know of 3 definate confirmed people that are helping out (besides me), and this has gotten me thinking...

Why dont we car-pool to Canberra, as it's 300+kms each way, and a massive waste of fuel to bring more than 2 cars, I have 3 comfortable spaces, but can fit 4 people pretty comfy in my car, I also have a massive boot space, so I can fit overnight bags and spare clothes for everyone as well (the beauty of a family car).

Let me know if your inhterested, I can pick you guys up if you like...

B.
Old 26-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #20
platypus
living in the past man

brian - i'll get back to ya on that one, as i work in revesby, and was planning on goign straight from work on friday - i'll be stuffed if i'm going to go north again to go home, or to meet others!!!!