Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 06-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
SedanBG

Help car died on me.. need assitance

hey guys.. im pretty knowledged when it comes to engines and what not.. But this ione has me stumped.. was boosting ato a mates place.. when the car just died on me.. slowly lost throttle responce until it choked and died.. anyways.. ive put it down to SPARK. as there nothing comming outta the coil pack.. but before u say.. its your coil. its not i tested his in my car and it dfoes the same thing.. then i tested my in his car.. and it worked..

im thinking ive got some wire loose under the dash from the turbo conversion.. but i only installed my engine i didnt touch the wiring.. i cant figure out whats stopping it from cranking over...

i still get a crank from the starter mottor.. but still no friggin spark.. any ideas guys.. i think it might be the trigger from the AFM tellin my fuel realy to open up the pump.. but not to sure.. what are your ideas peoples..

Regards, Adam

By the way.. id like to get this sorted tonight. i have an important date tomorrow
SedanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Do you have access to a multimeter or wiring test light, its much easier to follow the current flow this way if it is electrical
I am at Stafford Heights if you are nearby and would be able to lend one to you if you have any way of getting here
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
ezin
AstinaGT Regular

The coil gets its signal to fire from the ignitor, the ignitor gets its signal from the computer, the computer gets its signal from the crank angle sensor, i sugest u check the crank angle sensor.
ezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #4
Mad Mat
HONEYWELL REPRESENT

Car: 1997 BA Hardtop - Had a 2003 BJii J48 Sport20, and 2x bg SOHC astina hatches
Send a message via MSN to Mad Mat
the same thing happened to my mates lada. what had happened was the cable to the altenator that connects it to everything can off and then the battery died and the car just had no engine power or lights or spark. so check that. it might be the problem.

by the way this happened when we where going down the m1 at 110km/ph and the car just died so we started to **** our selfs.
Mad Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
SedanBG

OK, ive tested the dizzy, injectors, coil, ignitor just about bloody everything in the car for power.. it all seems to be getting friggin power.. But STILL NO SPARK.. this is truly giving me the ****s.

ive tested the coil in a mates car and it works fine.. along with my ignitor.. i just ahve no idea whatelse to cehck for and frankly im about ready to just let the bastard sit there and rust to death.. Any ideas peoples.. anyone know anyhting about this thats willing to give me a hand..

i would take it to an auto electrician but im friggin broke.. and im not gonna let some guy charge me 700 bucks to replace some friggin relay or fuse or something..

i checked the fuel pump and realy.. everything is all good there.. theres nothing left to really check.. the only possible thing i can think of is maybe the ECU is stuffed..
SOO anyone that has a BP26 spare lying around that i can test... lemme know.

Regards, ANGRY Adam
Old 08-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
maybe check the crank angle sensor in the distributor. It tells the computer when to spark.

also the ignitor, the ballast resistor, and the power to the coil. I believe the coil is negative triggered so you should get constant 12v from the positive wire.

is this for BPT ? have you got the wiring diagrams ? that should tell you which wires and fuses to check etc.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #7
SedanBG

yes it is a BPT, But im very limited on knowledge when it comes to electonics. I really need someone who can come and check iot out for me.. i do have the wiring diagrams.. but i cant read them properly. i screwed really. No one can tell em what it is.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
Fosgate
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda BG Familia GTR
Send a message via ICQ to Fosgate
when you crank the engine does the taco move at all?

Another thing to try is to swap dizzies over to see if that makes a difference.

I also had case where one of the pins came off the ECU plug and happen to be the signal from the dizzy... so unplug the plugs from the ECU and check the pins make sure they all there... and plug it back in and give it a go.

Also had instance where the the cable that goes to the coil in the main engine loom has touched the metal frame and opened the isolation of the cable. This caused the sheild to touch the center core and basically ground the coil signal.
Fosgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #9
woofy

Car: Race Blue RS Octavia hatch, Black Santa Fe Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosgate
when you crank the engine does the taco move at all?
Mmmmm taco.....ughhhhhhh
woofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #10
Fosgate
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda BG Familia GTR
Send a message via ICQ to Fosgate
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofy
Mmmmm taco.....ughhhhhhh
well you got the idea