Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
PAddLePoP

Car: BJ-II 2003 Astina
BJII Stock Headunit, Aux in?

Hey Guys,

I am wanting to install a Harman Kardon Drive + Play system in my BJII, wondering if there is anyway I can get an AUX in, into the stock HU I have installed, and if not do you have any recommendations for a cheap HU with Aux in?

Thanks!

Nick
PAddLePoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
The stock H/U doesnt have any aux in, so you'd be better off upgrading to decent headunit that does. I know of some of the cheaper pioneer headunits have them located on the front of the faceplate, not sure if any are made on the back like mine ( I have a pioneer DEH-MP30 unit that i got from JB HI FI)...

Marc
Old 13-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #3
LordWorm

Car: .
There is/was a thing you could buy from a mob in the states which hijacked the mini-disk input and turned it into an aux in.....and they had promised an update which would display MP3 info on the display, but who knows what the go is with that these days..

If you are electronics savvy, you could attempt to reverse engineer the mini-disk input to support aux-in...would probably be easier in the long run to replace the head deck if this is a feature which is important to you.

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
trippedoutmonkey

Car: Mazda sp20 323
you can pik up a kenwood from the afta xmas sales for only $98...
that has an AUX port... cant remeber the product number but it was in most of the catalogues
trippedoutmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm View Post
There is/was a thing you could buy from a mob in the states which hijacked the mini-disk input and turned it into an aux in.....and they had promised an update which would display MP3 info on the display, but who knows what the go is with that these days..

If you are electronics savvy, you could attempt to reverse engineer the mini-disk input to support aux-in...would probably be easier in the long run to replace the head deck if this is a feature which is important to you.
Yeah, you are talking about the AuxMod: http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/

Look, they are never going to bring out the advanced model that does display. I've been watching that space for over 3 years, and it's never going to happen...

That being said, if you don't mind living without the info display on your headunit, the basic AuxMod works fine. I know someone using it in his Mazda6, and it does the job just fine.

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote